Freezing is a great way to save fresh berries and have them for future recipes. For most recipes (muffins for example) you don't even have to defrost the berries, you can use them the exact same way you would fresh.
· Select the best, freshest berries you can
· Pick out any bruised or moldy berries.
· Rinse berries (don't saturate) and dry throughly.
· Place in a single layer or a tray or cake pan and freeze 1-2 hours before packing into containers.
· If freezing in Tupperware or other plastic containers, make sure you leave 1 inch of space before sealing. If using freezer bags leave 2-3 inches of space and squeeze out all of the air.