One Skillet Chicken Thighs with Spinach Mushroom Rice
Smoked paprika adds a smoky richness and depth of flavor to this cozy dinner.
- 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 1-2 tablespoons garlic herb seasoning
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 8 oz button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 cup stock I used a combo of chicken and garlic stock
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 6 oz baby spinach
Sprinkle chicken thighs all over with spices. In a large, deep skillet add a small amount of oil, the onion and brown the chicken, skin-side down.
Remove the chicken to a plate or bowl and set aside. Add the garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and saute until softened. Add the rice and stir.
Add the stock and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir, top with spinach and then return the chicken to the pan, skin side up.
Cover and cook until the chicken and rice is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
- I bought the garlic herb season at Costco
- I used Better than Boullion for the stock, both the chicken and garlic varieties.