One Skillet Chipotle-Ranch Chicken with Salsa Rice
Cozy comfort food with a hint of spice! Salsa in the rice adds a ton of flavor and is an easy way to add a vegetable to a one skillet meal.
- 4 large bone-in skin-on chicken thighs (or 6 small to medium)
- 1-2 tablespoons buttermilk ranch seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon ground chipotle
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 jarred roasted bell pepper, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 1/3 cups jasmine rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 14 oz Sam’s Fresh Cantina Medium Salsa
Sprinkle chicken thighs all over with spices. In a large, deep skillet add a small amount of oil, the onion, pepper, and brown the chicken, skin-side down.
Remove the chicken to a plate or bowl and set aside. Add the rice and garlic and stir for 1 minute.
Add the stock and salsa and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, stir, and return the chicken to the pan, skin side up.
Cover and cook until the chicken and rice are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.