Kohlrabi & Kale Soup
Two fall favorites in one surprisingly light and flavorful soup.
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 bulbs kohlrabi, cubed
- 2 big waxy potatoes, cubed cubed
- 1/4 cup loose chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 cups loose torn kale
- juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped dill or more, go wild
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 10 cups chicken or vegetable stock I used a combo of Better than Boullion chicken and roasted garlic bases
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
In a large stockpot, saute garlic, onions, carrots, potato, and kohlrabi until the root vegetables start to soften.
Add the kale, zest, lemon juice, dill, parsley, stock, and spices. Stir. Simmer until the root vegetables and kale are tender, about 35 minutes. Serve.