Lemongrass Sardine Salad
An easy, flavorful salad for one featuring lemongrass and sardines.
- ¼ loose cup cilantro
- 1/2 lime’s worth of zest and juice
- 2 bird’s eye chilies, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lemongrass
- ½-1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon white or tuba coconut vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 4.4 oz canned boneless skinless sardines in water, drained
- ¾ loose cup watercress
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 baby cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into half-moons
Chop half of the cilantro and place it in a small bowl. Reserve the remaining cilantro.
Add the lime juice and zest, chiles, fish sauce, vinegar, and sugar. Whisk to dissolve the sugar. Add the sardines and allow to marinate for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, arrange the watercress on a plate. Top with tomatoes, cucumber, and onion. Arrange the sardines on top, sprinkle with remaining marinade if desired, and remaining cilantro.