Spicy "Crab" & Cucumber Fritters
The easiest, most fun appetizer you will make this year.
- 12 oz imitation crab legs (aka crab sticks) shredded like string cheese
- 1 "baby" cucumber, julienned
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Serious Foodie Indonesian Sambal Hot Sauce
- 6 thin slices of red onion
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- canola oil for frying
- extra Serious Foodie Indonesian Sambal Hot Sauce for dipping or drizzling
- extra shredded cucumber for garnish and health
Heat about 1/2 inch oil in a large skillet.
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients until well-combined. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter into the hot oil. Repeat with remaining batter--you may have to do this in batches, depending on the size of your pan. Fry until the bottom is golden and the mixture is nearly set then flip using a spider or frying tongs and cook the other side until golden--just about 3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel-lined plates.
Sprinkle the cucumber on the serving plate, add a dish of the hot sauce to dip, and arrange the fritters on top of the cucumber. Serve immediately.