Anchovy Hearts of Palm Spinach Dip
- 8 oz baby spinach chopped
- 8 oz brick cream cheese, at room temperature
- 8 oz from a jar, drained hearts of palm, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dehydrated onion flakes
- ½-1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Sauté the spinach in a dry skillet with a couple tablespoons of water until wilted. Drain and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer or medium bowl and use the paddle attachment of a mixer to evenly distribute all ingredients.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor or at least 4 hours prior to serving.
This recipe has been hanging out in drafts for a long time but it is so good, I had to share it. It’s basically spinach dip but with a really savory depth of flavor thanks to the anchovy paste. The hearts of palm add a brininess and almost crab-like texture that honestly made it easier to scoop than traditional spinach dip which I find to be oddly floppy. I think it would be good with crackers or chips but I really liked it with pita chips best.