"Dirty Martini" Spread Stuffed Celery
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 oz soft blue cheese I used Saint Agur Blue
- 1/4 cup minced green olives with pimentos
- 1 shallot minced
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb celery cut into 4-inch pieces
- Mix all spread ingredients together (I like using my mixer). Scrape into a container and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Fill the celery ribs with the mix. Serve immediately.
Can an appetizer be easier? I think not. I was at Aldi as I am wont to do and came across a tub of “dirty martini” spread. I glanced at the ingredients and being me, brought the ingredients instead of just buying the tub. I think homemade always tastes fresher, even with a recipe as simple as this. It came together in minutes and was just so good! We had it as our “vegetable” for Christmas dinner alongside some ritzy crabcakes after a lunch of lasagna with my dad. Why not? I think it would be fun at a party but we are still in a pandemic so I just smeared it in celery until we ran out of both. It really is satisfying. I had a little bit on homemade sourdough focaccia bread and can also recommend that. Use good blue cheese and you will thank me. I used Saint Agur Blue I bought at Costco. Blue cheese and celery is a classic for a reason–the crisp greenness really cuts through the richness of the cheese.